Brian P. BlancoPT, DPT, OCS
Brian attended high school in the Riverside area at Notre Dame High School before attending the University of California at Riverside, where he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Biology. He then went on to pursue his doctorate degree in physical therapy at Chapman University. He had particular interest in orthopedic and sports rehabilitation.
Brian knew that he wanted to pursue a career in the health industry during college; he decided on physical therapy because of the ‘hands-on’ approach to providing healthcare for his patients. The personal interaction and direct effect that he could have on the quality of life for his patients is the most rewarding part of his career.
To improve the quality of life for each of his patients through personalized treatment and one-on-one care is the standard that Brian sets for every patient.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZATION
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (Chapman University)
- Bachelor of Science, Biology (University of Riverside)
- APTA Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist
- Continuing education:
- Yearlong manual therapy mentorship program
- Yearlong orthopedic manual therapy course
- Manual Diagnosis and Treatment of the Lumbar Spine, SIJ, and Hip
- Manual Diagnosis and Treatment of the Cervical and Thoracic Spine
INTERESTS & HOBBIES
In his spare time Brian enjoys exercising, reading all kinds of books, listening to music, watching mixed martial arts events, playing golf, and spending time with his family and friends. He is a self admitted “foodie” and likes all kinds of foods. He enjoys trying new foods and restaurants, especially the ones recommended by his patients. He is also a fan of all Chicago sports teams, having grown up just outside of Chicago.