ACL injuries have been on a steady climb for the better part of the last decade. Athletes with ACL injuries range from professionals to weekend warriors to teenagers. With the advancement of physical and sport specific training, why are individuals still injuring their ACLs?
Biologically, females are more prone to ACL injuries than males simply due to the difference in our anatomy. Females have wider hips for child bearing and less muscular strength to stabilize compared to males. So what can we do to prevent this?
The Ideal Landing Position
- Absorb the load by bending at the hips and knees
- Try to land softly by loading the glutes
- Keep the knees behind the toes
- Land with toes first and transfer the load to the heel
- Make sure the knees are pointed outward and do not come together
Video Demo of Landing Technique
Not sure if you are landing properly? For more information, stop on by for a free assessment or contact us below!
Want more free nutrition & health tips?
Sign up for LIFE+ TODAY to have these practical tips sent straight to your inbox!