Common Household Items for Stretching & Pain ReliefMay 18, 2019
Have you ever watched an “As Seen on TV” gadget used for stretching and/or pain relief or watched “Shark Tank” and said to yourself, “I can use (blank) instead!” I have! Even if you haven't, I hope this blog will give you some inspiration to know it is possible to use common household items to help with stretching and possible pain relief.
Take a look at the following and try it for yourself. Many of these objects can easily be taken on the road or used at work too.
(Other options: durable water bottle)
(Other options: lacrosse ball, golf ball, orange)
- Upper and lower back (not pictured)
- Neck – place two tennis balls in a sock so they don’t roll around. Place tennis balls and sock right below the skull.
- Hamstrings – place tennis ball under your leg and then kick your leg up and down.
Common Household Items for Stretching & Pain Relief
- Forearm – roll the water bottle along your forearm.
- Upper leg – roll the water bottle along the leg.
(Other options: rope, bed sheet)
I hope these ideas help to get the gears turning to inspire you to stretch and find some relief no matter where you are.
In fact, I challenge you to be creative and find other household item(s) and come up with your own tool for stretching or pain relief and share it with your family and friends!