Billing and Account RepresentativeLocation(s): Brea
Title: Billing and Account Representative
Status: Full Time
As a member of our team, you would be responsible for calling on unpaid claims and collecting from health insurance companies, workers’ compensation, auto insurance companies, and patients with overdue balances. You will also be negotiating settlements with attorneys on lien balances, handling patient and insurance inquires and requests, gathering, and sending medical necessity letters. Our company is rapidly expanding and there are many opportunities for advancement.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and hard-working individual
- Interested in gaining experience in medical billing and collections
- Must enjoy helping others, as this is the main focus of our business
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a great eye for detail
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Must work well with others on the team
- Must like to use the phone
- Must be able to have good control of conversations over the phone. This entails having the ability to think and respond quickly, being persistent and being able to overcome rejection.
- Must have good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have a verifiable history of getting things done.